In Dublin Learning Academy’s Infant Room, our talented and caring teachers will help guide your infant through multiple developmental milestones and find consistency in daily life.
Dublin Infant Care Developmental Milestones
The care and development of each infant is the top priority of our experienced staff. Dublin Learning Academy staff monitors and assesses each child to ensure they achieve developmental milestones. Our teachers evaluate and celebrate the following milestones for each child:
- Lifts head & chest when lying on stomach
- Improves head control
- Moves body vigorously
- Follows moving objects when held in a sitting position
- Takes objects, such as a rattle
- Rolls from side to side
- Controls head well
- Laughs out loud
- Enjoys play
- Transfers objects from hand to hand & hand to mouth
- Babbles more than two sounds
- Rolls from back to stomach
- Sits with minimal support
- Sits alone
- Changes position without falling
- Plays with objects at the same time
- Pulls self to a standing position & may step with support
- Follows simple directions accompanied by gestures
- Picks things up with their thumb and one finger
- Gives toys on request
- May say 2-3 words
- Stacks two blocks
- Eats table food
The infant room at Dublin Learning Academy is committed to consistency between home and school. The goal of our Dublin, OH infant care teachers is to work closely with the parents to understand and follow their desired schedule.
Parents will complete a Student Profile detailing: eating, sleeping, and other specifics regarding how they want their child’s day to flow. Since things change so quickly at this age, parents are encouraged to update profile sheets as needed.
Infants thrive at Dublin Learning Academy because our teachers bring expertise in the area of infant development and a passion for partnering with parents to offer consistency and love.